Reporting to the Fitness Coordinator, Fitness Supervisors will be responsible for oversight of athletic & recreational programs. Fitness Supervisors will primarily be responsible for supervising a wide range of student facing services, employee supervision and facility oversight.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage athletic facility activity including fitness center operations, fitness classes, open gym activities and other events.
- Monitor athletic facility usage and availability; be aware of all special events to take place in the athletic facilities.
- Ensure that an adequate amount of staff are working at each location during each shift.
- Monitor all areas of the athletic facility for safety / security; intervene to address potential hazards.
- Assist Assistant Director with assessment distribution and data collection.
- Assist Fitness Coordinator with apparel and gear distribution, collection and inventory control.
- Provide materials / equipment to department employees for special campus events or as needed.
- Supervise athletic facility opening and / or closing procedures.
- Complete required trainings as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalency and completion of two years in an accredited post-secondary institution required.
- One year experience working in a college athletics and recreation setting preferred.
- Experience in college level athletics and recreation facilities, equipment and inventory control preferred.
- Ability to solve problems, work independently, manage schedules of a large number of part time employees and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Availability on late weekday evening shifts Monday-Friday and / or full day weekend shifts on Saturdays and Sundays required.
- Availability for regularly scheduled weekly shifts during the entire fall and spring semesters required,
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 420 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Soccer Club, NY
Pro Soccer League, NY