Manager, Compliance & Registration (MLS NEXT)
This position has been filled - Job#: 453410667
MLS NEXT provides the best player development experience in North America. Founded on a collaborative approach to governance and a commitment to innovation, MLS NEXT provides players access to the highest levels of competition and training to prepare them for their futures, both in soccer and in life.
The Manager, Compliance & Registration will support MLS NEXT, MLS Legal, and other MLS departments in all aspects of minor athlete safety and wellbeing, including investigations and regulatory compliance. other matters concerning the operation of MLS NEXT. They will be responsible for ensuring our business operations and procedures comply with internal MLS policies, the U.S. Center for SafeSport guidelines, the United States Soccer Federation Bylaws, and any other applicable regulations.
- Work alongside MLS Medical and MLS NEXT Club services manager to manage the concussion protocols and Emergency Action Plans for all MLS NEXT Clubs.
- Lead investigations regarding alleged violations of the SafeSport Code, Disciplinary Code, or any other minor Safety & Wellbeing investigations.
- Review, revise, and edit all minor protection policies across the Enterprise.
- Assess compliance risks associated with potential future MLS ventures.
Education and Experience
- Law Degree (JD) required
- 1+ years of related experience
- Knowledge and interest in Major League Soccer/MLS NEXT
- Superior organization, project management skills, and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to communicate effectively with a variety of contacts, including outside attorneys, senior management, and business partners
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity, and compliance
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team environment
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suites, and Outlook
- Knowledge of the Spanish Language (business proficiency)
- Knowledge of the sport of soccer
- Professional certification in auditing or compliance
- Ability to travel and to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,527 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
League Soccer Company