Develops, organizes, and implements high quality sports leagues and programs for youth and adults. The Sports Director will be responsible for cultivating partnerships with community organizations that will benefit program participant experiences through collaboration. The Sports Director will be an integral team player in all areas of the YMCA.
1. Directs and supervises program activities to meet YMCA objectives. Expands youth & adult sports program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
2. Secures and schedules athletic fields and facilities. Transports and sets up equipment for games and practices; monitors and purchases necessary sporting equipment as budget permits. Oversees maintenance and inventory of all sports related equipment and supplies.
3. Creates teams from paid and financially assisted registrations. Organizes and conducts orientation meetings, and trainings for coaches.
4. Develops and distributes team practice and game schedules; recruits, trains and schedules sports officials; develops and distributes sports rules, guidelines and handbooks.
5. Purchases and distributes team uniforms and premium items; coordinates and distributes team photographs.
6. Organizes and conducts sports camps and clinics.
7. Conducts research to identify and implement new sports programs. Develops peer relationships to meet current sports trend.
8. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
9. Develops marketing and promotional strategies to increase awareness and interest in the sports program. Oversees the distribution of all sports program information. This includes website, e-marketing, social media, flyer, speaking engagements, etc.
10. Oversees the registration process and enforces all deadlines for sports programs.
11. Coordinates the use of YMCA sports facilities for rentals, program activities, and events.
12. Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
13. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
14. Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
15. Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates participation trends.
16. Other duties as needed to assist in the overall successful operation of the YMCA.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,257 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
American Pro Baseball Team
Sports Management (TX)