Head Men's Volleyball Coach
Concordia University Chicago invites applications for the full-time, exempt position of Head Men's Volleyball Coach. This position reports directly to the Director of Athletics and is located in River Forest, IL.
The Head Men's Volleyball Coach is responsible for planning and directing the men's volleyball program which includes practice and game management, overseeing assistant coaches, scheduling, budgeting and promotion of the CUC sport. This individual recruits academically qualified and athletically competitive student-athletes and motivates them to realize their potential in the classroom and on the field. Because of the inherent visibility of collegiate athletics on campus and in the greater community, it is expected that the coach will display excellent communication skills, Christian principles, and exhibit teamwork with other academic, student life and administrative divisions of the College and be an ardent supporter of the mission of the University.
- Plans, organizes, and implements a successful recruiting strategy for the volleyball program
- Analyzes performance and instructs athletes in techniques and strategies in preparation for and during athletics competition
- Oversees general administration of the program to ensure that prescribed procedures are followed and schedules are met
- Works with the athletic director to plan and establish a quality collegiate program
- Establishes close relationships with student-athletes and maintains effective lines of communication
- Collaborates with the athletic department in the area of strength and conditioning
- Ensures compliance with CUC, NACC, and NCAA Division III rules
- Candidates must support and be committed to the mission and identity of Concordia University Chicago, a university of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod (LCMS).
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to relate and work well with diverse groups of people
- Role model for the campus; Ability to display strong leadership and integrity
- Relationship building and development of young people in a college setting
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and act professionally in all situations
- Enthusiastic supporter of Lutheran higher education and the mission, vision, and core values of Concordia University Chicago
Minimum Experience Required:
4 years head coaching experience required
Bachelor's Degree required
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting range is dependent upon individual qualifications and experience. Concordia University Chicago benefit options include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and/or Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Disability and Survivor Plan (Basic Life Insurance)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Retirement 403(b) Savings Plan
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Tuition benefits (available for employees and their qualified dependents)
Interested individuals should include a cover letter, resume and references with their online application.
Concordia does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex or age. As an institution of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, however, and to the extent allowed by law, Concordia University reserves the right to give preference in employment based upon religious affiliation.
Concordia University Chicago does not generally sponsor for employment visas except for positions that oversee, teach or support our international programs.
About Concordia University Chicago:
Concordia University Chicago is a liberal arts-based Christian university founded in the Lutheran tradition. Through its College of Theology, Arts & Humanities, College of Business, College of Education, and College of Health, Science & Technology, Concordia-Chicago offers more than 160 areas of study in small classes taught by professors who are passionate about teaching and student success. All undergraduate and graduate degrees are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Concordia University Chicago has been recognized as a College of Distinction since 2010, and is consistently ranked among the Best Regional Universities-Midwest by U.S. News & World Report. For more than a decade, combined undergraduate and graduate enrollment has exceeded 5,000 students. Concordia University Chicago is located in River Forest, 10 miles west of downtown Chicago. Learn more about our commitment to higher education, rooted in the Gospel, at CUChicago.edu.
Steadfast in Jesus Christ as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, Concordia University Chicago promotes academic rigor in its liberal arts and professional programs; grounds students in objective truth, integrity, and excellence; and practices faithfulness to the Confessional teachings of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod, as it forms students for vocations in church, family, and the world.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,649 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime