Assistant Softball Coach
This is a part-time position reporting to the Head Softball Coach and Director of Athletics.
- Utilization and understanding of the NCAA Division II intercollegiate athletic programs.
- Responsible for assisting the head coach with organizing the Softball program. Assists with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques.
- Assists the head coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Assesses player's skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the head coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Assists the head coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete's injury.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Maintains the equipment room in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security.
- Assists the head coach with submitting a list of award winners at the end of the season.
- Performs support tasks such as distributing and maintaining eligibility forms, emergency data cards, and other related records.
- Models nondiscriminatory practice
- Recruiting and retaining student-athletes.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required):
- Bachelor's Degree is required (Master's Degree preferred).
- Minimum of 1 year coaching experience required, preferably on the NCAA collegiate level.
- Must have the ability to walk, stand, or sit for long periods of time and be able to lift a minimum of 20lbs.
- Overnight travel at a minimum of 50% of the time.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,893 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Private College (TN)
Private College (TN)