Head Men's and Women's Tennis Coach
The Head Coach is responsible for all aspects of the Men's and Women's Tennis Programs, including but not limited to: Recruiting, eligibility, match and practice plans, budget preparation and monitoring, scheduling, supervising and monitoring assistant coaches, public relations and promotion of the sport, the department and the University.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and recruit student athletes who are capable of competing successfully on the NCAA Division III level and who are capable of succeeding academically.
- Develop season practice and match plans.
- Ensure that appropriate safety precautions are taken in practice, games and during team travel.
- Discipline student-athletes for infractions of rules, regulations and policies.
- Work with administrators to stay within fiscal and budgetary guidelines.
- Maintain effective working relationships to ensure institution-wide teamwork.
- Develop a conditioning program along with practices.
- Meet with players during the season and conduct post season interviews.
- Maintain accurate record keeping and transparency within the program.
- Perform other functions as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred
- 3-5 years of coaching experience, required
- Knowledge and passion for the sport of tennis
- Possess valid driver's license
- Commitment and dedication to academic success
- Strong organizational and developmental skills
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Ability to conduct practices and manage match strategy
- Prior experience working with and contributing to a diverse workplace with the ability to interact effectively with a broad range of constituents on campus
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,301 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Private Research University
Private Roman Catholic University (MA)
Private Ivy League
Public University (NJ)