This position has been filled - Job#: 453401434
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: July 14, 2020
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently hiring an Athletic Trainer who will work within the department's Sports Medicine unit.
The Athletic Trainer will work with Intercollegiate Athletic teams as assigned. The Athletic Trainer will work in collaboration with staff, coaches, the Head Athletic Trainer, and team physicians to assist in the direct provision of injury evaluation, athletic training, and rehabilitation services for student-athletes.
Daily operations for the athletic training room as listed above and the following:
- Sport team responsibilities/assignments as specified by Head Athletic Trainer communication with coaches and student athletes of assigned teams.
- Coordinating with physicians/medical personnel on care of student-athletes.
- Injury reporting, documentation, and maintenance of medical charts.
- Taking inventory, ordering, and restocking clinical and clerical supplies.
- Ensuring safety of patients and staff through enforcement of safety procedures.
- Appropriate training in, and adherence to, regulatory requirements (e.g. blood-borne pathogen training and prevention, annual TB testing and other health screening requirements).
- Maintenance and upkeep of the athletic training room and other sites as designated.
- Continued education in sports medicine and maintaining good standing with NATA Board of Certification.
- Other duties as specified by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Sensitivity to student-athlete issues.
- Proven ability to meet multiple demands in a high-volume, fast-paced clinical environment.
- Proven ability to work independently, prioritize, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills required for working with a diverse group of patients, clinical staff, managers, and visitors.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion handling sensitive matters involving patients.
- Computer literacy, including working knowledge of word processing programs.
- Ability to work with and in a diverse environment.
- Comfort working in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree; experience as a student or undergraduate Intern Athletic Trainer in competitive athletic environment and/or equivalent training/experience.
Licensing/Certifications, if any:
- Certification and good standing with the National Athletic Trainer's Board of Certification.
- Master's degree (or significant progress toward degree) in related field and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Additional related education and training.
- Additional experience as a certified athletic trainer in competitive athletics at the professional and/or Olympic level.
- Experience with advanced manual therapy skills applicable to orthopedics and sports medicine.
- Knowledge of clinical information/ appointment systems.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,890 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
University of California, Berkeley
Collegiate Sports (CA)