Assistant Dir of Sports Medicine
Job Description Summary
Under general supervision assist the Head Athletic Trainer in working with the Athletic teams delivering six domains of athletic training (prevent, protect, and evaluate, assess, rehabilitate and counsel). Assists with supervision of undergraduate student trainers in maintaining the integrity of the program.
Essential Duties Summary
- Responsible for completing all necessary requirements of Athletic Training involved in all intercollegiate sports at the University.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of current information on NCAA/SWAC rules and bylaws. Ensures that adherence to NCAA operating compliance rules are addressed and carefully monitored.
- Supports medical clearing, medical counseling and completing all medical documentation as well as maintain confidentiality of documentation.
- Assists with taping, bracing, padding and therapeutic modalities of athletic related injuries.
- Assists with the primary and secondary survey or evaluation of all athletic related injuries.
- Distributes protocol of therapeutic exercise and rehabilitation to athletic related injuries as well as providing the necessary insurance paperwork to student-athletes and insurance company.
- Responsible for maintaining state licensure and national certification by annually completing the necessary continuing educational units (CEU).
- Will serve as second in command of the Athletic Training Room.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S,) from four-year College or university or equivalent.
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Automated External Defibrillator (AED), First Aid, Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) preferred. Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC).
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,301 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
American Professional Soccer Club
Sports & Lifestyle Marketing Agency