Athletic Intern-Sports Medicine
Purpose of Position
* Assist in the prevention, emergency care and rehabilitation of athletic injuries.
- Perform a variety of duties based on area of responsibilities such as:
- Provide coverage for team practices and competitions at home and on the road for Track and Field and other sports as assigned.
- Assist in administering treatment and rehabilitation to athletes for all intercollegiate athletic sports for men and women.
- Provide support in the setup and breakdown of athletics events (i.e. soccer).
- Assist with guest services, event staffing and security at assigned events.
- Communicate with visiting teams and officials.
- Complete assigned projects and other clerical work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- One year of experience as an athletic trainer (internships/graduate assistants, both paid and unpaid will count toward total years of required experience).
- Current State of Texas athletic training license or eligibility for examination.
- Current National Athletic Trainers Association Board Certification.
- Experience with tools and equipment used in the prevention and treatment of athletic injuries such as modality equipment.
- Ability and willingness to travel for team games.
- Criminal Background Check (CBC).
- Experience with Collegiate or professional sports programs.
- Experience independently evaluating injuries and creating rehabilitation programs.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,916 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Private Catholic University