Director, Brand Marketing & Advertising
The Director, Brand Marketing & Advertising will develop and manage all inventory and promotional material to run on Los Angeles Dodgers programming, including radio, TV, digital, OOH and print. This individual will lead advertising and promotional campaigns for the Los Angeles Dodgers and will work closely with LA Dodgers Productions, Game Presentation and Business Strategy & Analytics (BSA) to develop and implement strategic grass roots and core marketing. This person will identify, develop, direct, implement, and maintain the brand voice across all Los Angeles Dodgers channels. The Director, Brand Marketing & Advertising will also lead all aspects of event planning and promotions, including FanFest, Viva Los Dodgers and other similar initiatives. The ideal candidate will be upbeat, creative, hard-working, analytical, and eager to take on responsibility and improve their skill set. They should enjoy contributing to an exciting, fun, teamwork-oriented environment that operates at a fast-pace. The person in this role should be a quick learner with an open mind and will need to balance multiple projects while working independently and focusing on attention to detail. This individual will take ownership of multiple projects simultaneously, from project briefing through final approval. This person should bring solid management and interpersonal skills with the ability to accurately track timelines, due dates and budget details.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the day-to-day management of internal teams and external clients including MLB and/or third-party agencies as it pertains to brand and marketing strategy alignment. Handle promotional campaign requests and briefing process, facilitate meetings, manage timelines, execute results, and maintain budgets.
- Provide weekly updates on advertising campaign, timelines, and creative direction. Advise on integrating key themes and graphic standards into various promotional campaigns; ensure creative campaigns are on-strategy and consistent with the brand platform.
- Collaborate with BSA, Creative, and LA Dodgers Productions teams to align all marketing and brand external communication including but not limited to marketing campaigns, promotions, and team initiatives.
- Work with Corporate Partnership Team as well as stakeholders to activate and extend Dodgers brand globally.
- Coordinate with Ticket and Premium Sales and Service to support and provide innovative and creative Campaigns to improve our platforms and drive revenue.
- Partner with Entertainment, Production and Promotions Team to improve messaging and branding.
- Lead key company initiatives to foster and increase fan engagement.
- Lead and project manage strategic brainstorming sessions and campaign development with BSA, LA Dodgers Productions, and Creative teams.
- Be responsible for all online ad tracking mechanisms (pixels, tags, etc.) and act as primary liaison with MLBAM to ensure compliance and tracking consistency.
- Determine key metrics for analysis and reporting of all campaigns for presentations to executive leadership. Maintain knowledge of all data and results from MLB Wheelhouse and Tickets.com.
- Responsible for writing, editing and proofreading the following:
o Marketing copy for the club's print collateral, blogs, social media and online advertisements.
o Marketing copy for all direct mail pieces and brochures.
o Marketing copy for the club's website and email blasts.
o Extensive presentations converting data and strategy into marketing measurable success
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three (3) years Advertising/Marketing experience is required
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Meticulous proofer
- Effectively and collaboratively communicate clearly among all internal and external constituents
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and research interpretation
- Excel, Word and PowerPoint capabilities
- Validated leadership & management capabilities
- Good vision for art and design direction
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to proactively plan and complete efficient and effective timelines throughout our business cycle
- Ability to collaborate and work together as a team with all departments within the organization
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability.
- Office: Work is expected to be performed in office and may require weekend and/or evening work.
- Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
Current Los Angeles Dodgers employees should apply via the internal job board in UltiPro by following these prompts:
MENU > MYSELF > VIEW OPPORTUNITIES > click on the job link > CONSENT > APPLY NOW for consideration.
LOS ANGELES DODGERS LLC is firmly committed to providing equal opportunity for all qualified applicants from every race, creed, and background. The Organization is also firmly committed to complying with all applicable laws and governmental regulations at the state and local levels which prohibit discrimination.
LOS ANGELES DODGERS LLC considers all applicants without regard to national origin, race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, military status, citizenship status, pregnancy or related medical conditions, marital status, ancestry-ethnicity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights law. The Immigration Reform and Control Act require that the Organization obtain documentation from every individual who is employed which verifies identity and authorizes their right to work in the United States.
In accordance with the Los Angeles Dodgers’ policies relating to COVID-19, all newly-hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide proof of vaccination and first/primary booster prior to their first day of employment. Applicants who decline to be vaccinated and/or boosted because of a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief may be considered for an exemption from these requirements.
- Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 406 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports Media (CA)
Sports Network - CA