Athletic Operations Staff
This position has been filled - Job#: 453401656
This role is responsible for but not limited to managing athletic department program budgets, coordinating regular reports of business operations, event operations management, providing administrative support to the athletic department, and assisting with other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Athletic Director is management of all athletic department budgets
- Submit budget adjustment requests as needed to balance program budget accounts
- Complete all procurement documents for the Athletic Department to include, but not limited to, purchase requisitions and check requests
- Complete all Foundation check requests as needed for Athletic Department and specific sport programs
- Serve as liaison with third party vendors such as BSN and Coca Cola
- Submit all outstanding department invoices for payment
- Serve as department liaison with Facilities to complete tasks that include, but not limited to, bus requests for team travel, facility work orders, key requests, etc.
- Prepares, coordinates, and/or assist in team travel arrangements to include but not limited to: bus scheduling, lodging, etc.;
- Prepares, coordinates, and/or assist in the preparation of sports venues for games, tournaments, and other special event operations;
- Coordinate/assist with all home game event operations management to include but not limited to, schedule workers, train workers, set up venue, take down venue, host officials, supervise concessions, supervise tickets, etc.
- Maintain concession stand operations to include ordering stock, maintaining inventory, being present for deliveries, submitting invoices for payment, contacting vendors for work orders, etc.
- Collect mail daily from campus Post Office
- Coordinate shipping and freight with campus Post Office as needed
- Oversee daily operations for department
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned; and
- Maintain regular attendance
Minimum Job Requirements
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in any field;
- Experience: None
o Preferred: Master's Degree in any field.
o Preferred: Experience working in a collegiate Athletic Department.
o Preferred: Experience in event management.
Special Conditions for Eligibility
Must be willing to work weekends, evenings, and odd hours as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of travel/lodging planning and scheduling.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Standing - Frequently
- Walking - Frequently
- Bending - Frequently
- Squatting - Frequently
- Climbing - Frequently
- Kneeling - Frequently
- Lifting up to 50 pounds - Frequently
- Lifting greater than 50 pounds -
Work is performed in an indoor/outdoor setting.
Pay Rate: Commensurate with Experience
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,890 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime