Assistant Softball Coach (part-time)
The person in this part-time position will be involved in many aspects of the sport program, including, but not limited to, practice planning, game preparation/scouting, in-game coaching, recruiting, administrative work, and general supervision of student-athletes.
- Helps supervise and manage all aspects of the sport program in conjunction with the head coach.
- Recruits and retains qualified student-athletes.
- Conducts training sessions to aid in the skill development of team members.
- Keeps informed of contemporary trends, tactics, techniques and strategies, which includes developing a philosophy of what to teach and how to implement.
- Assists with game-day preparation and scouting of opponents.
- Promotes and helps monitor academic progress of student-athletes.
- Provides in-game assistance and support to the head coach. Serves as a role model for team members with regards to personal and professional conduct.
- Counsels and mentors team members as needed.
- Monitors health, wellness, and safety of team members.
- Enforces department and team expectations regarding general standard of behavior for student-athletes.
- Transports team members to away contests as required.
- Performs administrative tasks and completes requests for information as assigned.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,893 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime