Athletic Certification Officer
This position has been filled - Job#: 453402358
This Athletic Certification Officer is critical to maintaining compliance with NCAA rules and regulations, and requires an in-depth understanding of NCAA Division I rules and regulations, Big West Conference bylaws, and academic regulations and policies.
- Thorough knowledge of policies, regulations, and practices with student records services. Knowledge of data processing principles and their applications in an educational environment. Knowledge of NCAA Division I eligibility requirements and principles.
- Experience with Registrar core functions (e.g., degree requirements, special enrollment, veterans' benefits, and residency). Demonstrated ability to analyze impact of proposed curriculum and policy changes on enrollment services, and other registration functions.
- Thorough knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of processes and to make recommendations for process improvement. Proven ability to write recommendations and present for review and implementation.
- Strong ability to develop and design written training materials for disseminating policy and procedures with the goal of the overall improvement of staff expertise and knowledge and of service to students and throughout campus.
- Demonstrated ability and skills to analyze enrollment trends and provide benefit information to a broad range of campus officials regarding students.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines. Ability to effectively budget time over long periods and plan for cyclical periods of high volume work. Ability to handle multiple assignments and tasks. Ability to work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to apply thorough knowledge of policies to a variety of individual situations. Recommends procedures to ensure compliance in a diverse learning community. Ability to dynamically apply complex regulations and anticipate potential problem situations in the future.
- Strong problem identification, critical thinking, and problem solving skills; judgment and decision-making ability. Ability to assess processes and implement improvements.
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultures. Excellent constituent service skills with all interactions. Ability to counsel, advise, educate staff and administration, make referrals for students and staff over a wide range of subjects, with good communication skills while utilizing professionalism and confidentiality.
- Be able to counsel and handle difficult situations with sensitivity and responsiveness to student needs and knowing when to make appropriate referrals if needed.
- Thorough knowledge of University policies, processes, and procedures and of Federal and California laws pertaining to the privacy rights of students and access to student information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Active listening skills. Customer service orientation. Proven interpersonal skills. Ability to clearly present eligibility concepts to diverse groups of people.
- Thorough knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs and productivity software.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,866 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime