Assistant Track and Field/Cross Country Coach
The Assistant Cross Country Coach is responsible for assisting with the management, coaching and oversight of all phases of the program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with player development, training, study table, etc.
- Assists with student-athlete admission/retention concerns.
- Assists in coordinating team travel.
- Assists with camp organization and clinic administration.
- Assists with recruiting activities. Assists in recruiting and public relations with high school and community college transfer athletes upon taking and passing the NCAA Recruiting Test.
- Participates in practice and weight room sessions.
- Assists with maintaining a clean and safe facility for student-athlete use.
- Drives University or rental vehicle for team travel and recruiting.
- Participates in University and public speaking appearances and gatherings. Assists with all athletic events as determined by Athletic Administration and Track and Field Head Coach.
- Assists with communication with Sports Medicine for return-to-play situations.
- Education: Bachelor's degree.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Two (2) years track and field experience. Prior cross country and distance experience. Demonstrated knowledge of track and field terminology and skill level. Self-motivated and team-oriented. Excellent interpersonal skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to accumulate, organize, decipher and interpret recruiting notes. Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Valid driver's license.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules.
- Five (5) years of track and field experience. USATF Level 1 certification.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,911 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Private Christian University