Accounts Payable Specialist
- Process invoices and expense reports including verifying approval, coding, accuracy and compliance with company policies.
- Collect the necessary documents needed for new vendors.
- Create and maintain vendor files.
- Assist in the administration of the company’s A/P automation software and make recommendations for improvements to the A/P workflow process.
- Monitor and respond to vendor correspondence.
- Research and resolve A/P issues with vendors.
- Plan and process check runs, ACH and wire transfers.
- Update monthly accounts payable sub ledger and other schedules, as needed.
- Assist in tax reporting requirements including W-9’s, 1099’s and Sales & Use tax returns.
- Maintain the accounting office filing, assist with day-to-day information requests and other projects as assigned.
- Perform general accounting work in support of accounting functions.
- Interpret and apply Federal, State, and local laws and regulations pertaining to accounting work.
- Apply accounting principles to the maintenance of financial and accounting transactions.
- Provide support and assistance as needed for both internal and external audits.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years experience in accounts payable.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related business degree preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Software, particularly in Excel.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) preferred.
- Ability to communicate to management as it relates to finance and operation activities.
- Attention to detail while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work flexible, non-traditional hours including nights, holidays and weekends.
- Frequent walking, standing or sitting throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 10lbs
- Occasional bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,911 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports & Entertainment
Sports & Entertainment
Sports & Entertainment LLC