Corporate Sports Sales – Entry Level
This position has been filled - Job#: 453402359
Attn: Recent Grads (and College Athletes), Early Career Women and Men
Note: The health and safety of our staff is paramount. Our offices are open with safety measures as advised by the CDC and local health authorities. Currently, initial interviews will be conducted via phone or video conference, however, in office availability is required for employment.
To be considered, a cover letter and resume are required. Please read the rest of the ad before applying to make certain the position and organization sound like a match for you! You can check out our website at: https://www.wplgroup.com/ism/employment/employment-portland/
2020 was a year of evolution for us here at ISM and we are grateful to have had the best finish in sales revenue in our 23-year history. The events we sell are 12 – 36+ months out, so we are uniquely positioned in the sports world to enjoy the pent-up demand for attending live events as they return with spectators.
We are currently looking for (2) select candidates to expand our sales efforts in our Portland, OR office in February of 2021. Please note, if you are not available to begin full time employment, in our Downtown Portland office, please check back on our website for future opportunities and updates: www.ism-usa.com.
Founded in 1997, ISM has become the industry leader in the global sports event ticketing and hospitality space. We specialize in creating customized premium sports hospitality packages for our clients all over the U.S. and abroad. Our clients expect and receive the best customer hosting experiences at major events such as the U.S. Open Golf Championship, the College Football Championship, and scores more.
Behind our packages are the people driving us forward every day. The values we live by at ISM are: GENUINE, TEAMWORK, RESPECT, INTEGRITY, and TENACITY. We know that success comes from hard work and deserves to be recognized and rewarded. If you’re a person that loves the challenge of an exciting sales career, are extremely motivated by the chase, and want to feel like part of a family — then you just might be who we’re looking for. Your background helps define where you are, but what’s even more important is where you want to go and having the initiative to get there!
We are hiring Inside Sales Executives who will be responsible for new business development, which starts with “cold” calling (this simply means you haven’t spoken to someone before – it’s how many of the biggest companies in the world bring on new clients!) but we teach you how to “warm” the call using your personality and communication skills very quickly. You will be calling corporate executives around the U.S. and presenting opportunities for them to host at major golf events (U.S. Open, Ryder Cup Matches, The Masters, etc.) and other “big ticket” events such as the College Football Playoff Championship, NCAA Basketball Tournament, Kentucky Derby, and others.
- Drive sales activities including proactive outreach to prospects as well as develop qualified leads, set meetings, maintain your sales CRM
- Develop a strong understanding of our product offerings and articulate our value proposition clearly
- Work closely with our sales leadership to develop strategies for targeting companies, and then execute on presenting our value proposition and closing the deal
- Comprehensive training
- Ongoing mentoring
- Base salary + commission + bonus, uncapped
- Bonuses, both cash & prize (monthly, quarterly & annually)
- Bike room, locker facilities, gym facilities
- Company medical/dental plans and 401K enrollment
- PTO and major holidays off (4 weeks+ paid time off each calendar year)
- First year avg. range of $45K-$65K+ (range includes base + commission); Year two $80K+
- Growth opportunities into Sales Management / National Accounts
- Great corporate culture and community volunteerism
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- (Some) Sales experience (B2B preferred, not just customer service)
- College degree or related experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- High motivation to succeed and growth minded (National Account Director / Sales Management positions will be open in 2021 and promotions are from within)
- Ability to explain how a deficiency in one of the above categories won’t hinder you to succeed
To be considered, please submit a cover letter including why you are interested in this position and when you are available, along with a current resume including education, full work history including date range. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
International Sports Management is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome qualified applicants, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,260 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports Events and Entertainment