Sales Express Manager
- Meets specified goals and objectives for venue usage by promoting the convention center to all potential clients; conducts venue tours; answers questions and provides information regarding venue services, policies and procedures; and assists clients in finalizing booking arrangements.
- Primary sales contact for all groups expecting approximately 50 or fewer attendees.
- Set appointments and make outside calls to potential clients.
- Make solicitation calls, assist with promotions and direct mail activities.
- Researches, identifies and establishes the appropriateness of groups for the venue.
- Attend industry events and tradeshows as may be required.
- Prepare event contracts, sales folders, sales kits and correspondence to clients.
- Enter and maintain complete and accurate information into booking system.
- Works with clients and facility staff to determine event needs and opportunities for upselling food and beverages, and other services offered by the facility.
- Work a flexible schedule, including long nights, early mornings, weekends & holidays as needed.
- Complete all duties with a customer service focus through teamwork & dedication to the principles.
- Assist in the preparation of building to meet the requirements of upcoming events/shows.
- Participates in the development of newsletters and other marketing materials.
- Prepare reports, correspondence, memoranda, agreements and forecast projections.
- Provide assistance and staff support to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Prepare and deliver verbal presentations to groups of various sizes.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Working as a Manager on Duty (MOD) as required.
- Analyzing competitors and target markets.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in sales, marketing or other related field
- High school diploma or equivalent GED required.
- Strong computer skills in Windows environment and MS Office applications. Training on industry software will be provided.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and select holidays as required, in addition to normal business hours if needed.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,137 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Community College (IA)
Womens Professional Soccer Club
Women's Professional Sport Club