Head Softball Coach
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development, management, and successful coaching of team, to include scheduling, recruiting, equipment management, reporting scores and statistics, and website updating. Ensure strict adherence to all NAIA by-laws.
- Ensure adherence with established institutional compliance rules, policies, and procedures as well as ethical standards of behavior.
- Ensure satisfactory academic performance of student-athletes.
- Ensure the physical, emotional, and social welfare of student-athletes, including issues related to gender, ethnic diversity, and sexual orientation.
- Effectively manage the program's budget and staff; coordinate support services and appropriate public relations and promotional activities necessary for program success.
- Establish and maintain effective interactions with the university community, administrators, alumni, donors, mediate and the public.
- Establish and ensure a safe environment for student-athletes that includes providing education about and methods for discussing and resolving harassment or discrimination.
- Responsible for successful coaching of the team, to include maximizing the team's potential/abilities, keeping athletes eligible, and retaining athletes through graduation.
- Supervise and mentor coaching assistants as directed and approved by the Director of Athletics.
- Manage the operations of sports camps and/or clinics, if applicable.
- Manage all department fund-raising and booster events.
- Learn, understand, and adhere to all NAIA guidelines and maintain up-to-date roster, squad lists, and other information.
- Participate in long-range planning and assessment, attend all departmental training sessions and meetings, and read and comply with all departmental policy manuals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education required.
Experience: A minimum two or more seasons of successful college coaching experience in softball required, that include: - Recruiting student athletes, - Academic progress, - Sport Specific Training, - Scheduling, - Equipment and - Facility care.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of computers including databases.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong public relations and interpersonal skills to interact effectively and professionally with University community, outside community, and the press.
- Must possess a commitment to student learning and success, as well as a dedication to growth, development, innovation, and improvement.
- Must possess sensitivity to a diverse background of students (academic, socio economic, cultural/ethnic, physical/learning disabilities).
- Must possess commitment and capabilities to abide by NAIA and Conference rules.
Registrations, Certifications, and Licenses:
- Must possess a valid Driver's license for occasional transportation of student athletes.
- Works under general supervision of the Director of Athletics & Recreational Sports and will supervise assistant coaches.
- Position requires travel.
- Position requires working evening and/or weekend hours.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,872 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports Media Organization
Sports & Entertainment
Sports & Entertainment