Venue Accounting Manager
The person in this role is responsible for managing the company's accounting practices, policies and the preparation of its financial documents in accordance with GAAP.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Audit, monitor, recognize, and report any discrepancies or suspicious accounting activities by notifying necessary personnel immediately.
- Manage general accounting staff as it relates to professional growth and development; while monitoring and assessing their work performance and providing consistent support and feedback.
- Review and evaluate sub ledger processing and procedures for Accounts Payable and Sponsorship A/R billing and collection.
- Prepare and/or review schedules requested by 3rd party auditors or tax professionals (financial, sales tax, federal tax) as assigned and monitor external reporting to the leagues for gates receipts and sales tax processing.
- Perform event settlements as assigned.
- Preparation of financial reports and presentations for the bi-annual Board and Investor meetings as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 7-10 years accounting experience; 2 years supervisory experience preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains and Management Reporter preferred and/or a like accounting software package.
- CPA or MBA a plus excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to prioritize work when given multiple projects
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment with all levels in the organization
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 710 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Minor League Baseball
Sports Facility (MO)
American Sports and Entertainment Company