Outreach and Engagement - Seasonal Community Impact Assistant
- Assist with the development, execution, and evaluation of Red Wings community impact programming regarding youth wellness and youth education (including NHL community initiatives and special events).
- Assist with the team’s in-kind donation program, including daily processing of requests, allocation of merchandise, distribution of donations, inventory control, and tracking of all items.
- Support Detroit Red Wings community impact email accounts and phone lines, providing timely and considerate responses to each inquiry.
- Manage team fan mail response program and maintain merchandise inventory; oversee all requests for fan packages, care packages, and fan experiences.
- Support research, development, presentation, and management of opportunities to positively impact the community through intentional and innovative programs focused on youth education and youth wellness.
- Assist with planning annual community impact events, including but not limited to, Hockey Fights Cancer Night, Hockey is for Everyone Nights, and Lady Wings initiatives.
- Assist with meet and greets, special on-ice events, internal team autograph signings, fan visits to team practices and games, Make-A-Wish events and more.
- Assist with administrative procedures and processes to maintain fiscal accountability and control; support oversight of the budget database and provide periodic reports related to expenditures, as well as monetary and in-kind donations.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Ilitch Holdings companies, colleagues, and corporate partners.
- Support the development of imagery and content to promote Detroit Red Wings community impact work and upcoming programs/events on DetroitRedWings.com, as well as social media or online content appropriate for the department.
- Emphasis on analytic, strategic, communications, and interpersonal skills.
- Be a positive presence in the community among individuals and corporations through participation in both internal and external events.
- Communicate and be an advocate for a unified message that will increase brand awareness and recognition of the Detroit Red Wings throughout Michigan and abroad.
- Support the collective community impact team as needed (sport participation and growth / fundraising and development).
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Demonstrated high level of communications skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Evidence of organization and planning skills and the ability to prioritize multiple events or projects and meet deadlines
- Evidence of attention to detail and accuracy
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office suite, database, Internet, etc.)
- Service oriented; committed to teamwork and catering to the customer
- Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Previous experience in community relations and/or special event planning
- Experience working in the sports and entertainment industry
- Experience volunteering and/or working with nonprofit(s)
- Ability to work a minimum of 30 hours per week with flexibility for additional hours as needed
- 2021-22 seasonal role is scheduled to conclude on May 27, 2022
- Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Exposure to moderate - high noise level
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Frequent visual/auditory attention
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,177 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Ice Hockey Team